Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Three Birds

I was pshyched to find a place like Three Birds to take one of my friends Melissa Haber to when she was visiting from out of the country.  I did a lot of research and looked into all the places I have been and heard of in the last year or more and choose this.  It happened to be a chilly day in Cleveland, but the perfect weather for their outdoor garden.  Would have to rate this one of the top 10 patios I have been to.  The restaurant was upscale casual.  All the drink names were named after a Bob Marley song, as was the theme of the restaurant.  The menu was diverse but not so many options for a pesciatarian.  I ended up having the special of the day which happened to be Lake Erie Trout, which was fantastic.  While Melissa enjoyed meat options which looked and smelled great.  She seemed to enjoy our meal and the environment, and the price was about what I expected.  About 4 stars price wise.  After our dinner we went down the street to Degans, which is the only Gastropub in Cleveland and I must say I was sad that I was no longer hungry because the menu looked amazing.  Very Vegetarian friendly.  So I have been looking forward to going back to eat for quite sometime.  So I will update on it as soon as I do.

Black bean and sweet potato roll ups

Asparagus and Proscuitto soup

Melissa had the Seared sea scallops with purple potatoes and and arugula prosuitto salad with horseradish cream sauce 

I had the pan seared Lake Erie Walley with potatoe cakes


Melissa Haber and I in the beatiful outdoor garden like patio


6 comments:

Kathy said...

Damn girl making me hungry! What a wonderful blog you have started...keep it up!

love ya, Aunt Kathy

Anonymous said...

nice!

mhaber15 said...

Definitely loved this place! I would kill to have those scallops again! And the soup...oh dear god it was delish! Thanks for a good night Denni. I can't wait to come back to OH and see what new places you have for me! :)

Denise Raider said...

Thanks Aunt Kathy!
Melissa, I have figured out how to address comments, Finally, and I am so glad you enjoyed your food!!! I will have another awesome night planned for you on your next visit home!

Janet said...

I have heard wonderful things about this restaurant but still have not been there - I have to make it a point to get there!!

Denise Raider said...

Yes Janet, its a must, would be perfect in the Fall even because of all the trees and they have huge heat lamps!