Thursday, August 25, 2011

La Kabob - Lebanese Grill

This is a small, local restaurant that has recently opened in Strongsville on Pearl Rd.  It has a smiliar menu to an Aladdins like place, however the one big difference is that Ricky and his staff produce some of the freashest food I have ever tasted in a fast casual atmosphere.  I have eaten here several times and am fond of most of the items on the menu.  I almost always get some grape leaves and a raw juice no matter what, because these are my favs.  You will want to be prepared to wait a few more minutes than you would at a Chipotle or Subway, but you will be satisfied with the wait once you experience the higher quality of taste.  This is a must try for a lunch break or a lazy dinner evening! 


This is the Vegetarian platter, it had baba ganoush, hummas, tabouli, falafel and of course the grape leaves. 

*In case you have never tried any of these things, I understand, I was there at one point, and wanted nothing to do with these things that I could barely prounounce and could not spell, but one day I just took the plunge and tried them all and am glad I did because they are all fantastic.  Baba ganoush - is a spread made from roasted eggplants, tahini and garlic, which goes well with pita chips.  Hummas - is pureed garbanozo beans.  Tabouli - is like a cold salad of tomatoes, onions, garlic, mint, cracked wheat, lemon and other similar ingredients.  Falafel - Fried garbanozo beans.  and Grape leaves - are stuffed with rice, onion, and garlic and other spices.  Enjoy and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Janet said...

I love Grape Leaves - they are one of my favorite things to eat!! I also really like this idea - there are so many amazing restaurants around here - I think it is great you are doing this!

Denise Raider said...

I also love grape leaves, they are for sure my fav as well. Cleveland really does have a lot of great places to eat, so I am excited I get to spread the word a bit. Thanks Janet!