Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Green House Tavern

As of now, this is one of my favorite restaurants.  The menu is always changing, there is always something that I have never heard of that I totally want to try, and something that makes me curl my nose and say "What" people eat that.  The restaurant prides itself on having the freshest ingredients coming from their own personal farm.  This is the first and only all Green restaurant in Cleveland.  The first time that I tried this place was for my friends birthday party.  We were able to sit i nthe basement at the bar of the kitchen.  The staff talked to us all evening, explaining what they were preparing, why they did certin things, and just entertaining us all evening as we watched the dinner rush take place.  The staff and I were able to inspire my friends who did not really have a passion for dinning out and now they also look for creative places like Greenhouse to return to.  Places like Applebees just does not satisfy them anymore.  YAY!!  I was super excited about that.  Our favorite thing on the menu that night was the calamari cake.  They did not have it on the menu for my last visit and I was disapointmented, but did enjoy the carrot and pea ravioli that I started with.  I have also heard Great things about the bacon wraped pears.  Also, they just opened a rooftop bar and it is lovely.  It gives you a great get away with a beautiful view of Cleveland.  In short, I love Greenhouse, and Jonathan Sawyer and his staff really know what they are doing!

*David, Me, Dima, Tania and Marlon at our chefs table for Tania's birthday party!


The calamari rice cake that we loved
A meat eaters favorite, the steak with rosemary and garlic pomme frittes



The yummy carrot and pea raviolis I had my second visit.


No comments: