Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Eddies Pizzeria Cerino

This is one of my favorite local places that I cannot return to enough.

A little more than 2 years ago, around this time of year my cousin Patty and I were looking through one of those local coupon ads and noticed that this new restaurant had a special going for a new pumpkin beer.  As for those of you that do not know, Pumpkin beers are my all time favorite, so naturaly Patty and I decided to go their for dinner.  The place was packed, it was a small area fitting maybe only 20 tables, but it seemed big because of the layout. It felt welcoming, you got the feeling as if you had been here several times before.  The staff were very friendly, and the dark walls, and low lighting were accompanied by beautiful photography that did not only add an authentic yet modern feel to the restaurant but could also be purchased. 

I should mention the restaurant is located in Seven Hills off of Broadview Rd.

The menu is perfect for those of us foodies who find so many things on the menu and just can not imagine ordering only one.   Most of the entrees are served in either half or full portions.  There is also a variety of appetizers, pizzas, salads and sandwhiches.  The menu is for me the most desirable size.  Probably because I have been there enough to try almost everything.  Another thing Eddies does is rotate seasonal items in and out so of course you can always expect to see something different or modified on there.  The first time we went we ordered like two different appetizers, two half portion entrees and a pizza.  It was a great way to start off my relationship with my still favorite place.  That was so long ago I do not remember what we ordered excatly, but I can recall in the past few years some of the things I have tried, and can assure you that you can't go wrong with anything you order from here.

Some of the appetizers that I stick with are the parmesan zucchini planks, one or all of the calamari combinations and any of the soups, the mushroom one that might be around more towards Winter is my favorite. 

All of the pizzas are a hit, just depends on what toppings fit your taste buds more, so I won't pick for you. 
My favorite salad is the house salad.  It has field greens, cran-rasins, sunflower seeds, goat cheese and balsamic vinaigrette.  I don't believe I have tried any of the sandwhiches, but I am sure they are fantastic and now after writing this I may have to try one to fill you in.

One of the best things for me about this place is that I found out about it before I was a Vegetarian, so I was lucky enough to eat several things on the menu that my meat eater friends would enjoy, and confirm that they are indeed delicious. 

Some of the entrees that we have tried are the chicken parm, which is always a winner among my friends I bring here, the meat sauce is fantastic, and the meat balls are yummy.  The shrimp piccata, now that I don't eat meat, is one of my favorites that has remained on the menu for a while.  It's sauteed shrimp in a white wine butter sauce with lemon and capers over angel hair pasta.  I have also modified this by having them serve this to me with an asiago cream sauce that they use in another dish which is also delicious. 

This afternoon I brought my friend Tania here with me for lunch.  To inspire yet another person on the best Italian menu in the area. 

She had my favorite dish on the menu as a meat eater.

She had the Lemon Parmesan Chicken served over angel hair pasta with the asiago cream sauce
Their angel hair pasta melts in your mouth.  It's thin, but hearty.  It's creamy and full of flavor.

What I ordered is the reason that I wanted to go to lunch here today.  I was notified on Facebook that their Butternut Squash Ravioli had returned and I could not wait any longer to enjoy this again since last year.

Of course we know how much I love my Fall Flavors and this dish does not fall short of being perfection in  the flavors I crave.

This is the seasonal Butternut Squash Ravioli in a Sage butter sauce with an amaretto cookie crumble on top.

I should mention lastly their dessert menu is also a must.  Seasonaly they are serving their pumpkin bread pudding, which is delightful.  They also have a chocolate cookie one, a yummy rice pudding and then seasonal cupcakes.

Since the day the doors of this restaurant has opened, they have had much deserved growth and success.  A while back they extended the restaruant adding a very sexy bar, and my favorite, a lovely outdoor area, which sadly has been taken down for the season already.  I promise for an inexpensive lunch or dinner, you must try this restaurant.  I have turned more people on to this place then I can remember, and I am confident you will be doing the same once you have had your first meal here!

Tell them Denise sent you!
 

2 comments:

Jessika said...

I love going here, of course you turned us on to Eddies!

Denise Raider said...

Thanks Jess, I am so glad you like it! <3