Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dinner In

After being inspired from last nights pleasant surprise I decided to stay in this evening and cook up something myself. 

I started with a request from David, since he did not leave stuffed last night like I did.

Mac and cheese.
I have made mac and cheese so many different ways.  I feel like this is one of the most versatile dishes. This one started with a red sauce, I added ricotta, mozzarella, gouda, and parm.  Garlic powder, dried oregano, salt and pepper, fresh parsley and bread crumbs.  David was satisfied.  I know, because he wanted to go straight to sleep after he finished his second bowl.  It was more of a baked zitti then mac and cheese, but no matter how it started, it ended well.

My babies as they waited for the food to be ready!

For my dinner I did a grilled tofu with an avocado creme sauce. 

I came across this recipe while watching Giada Laurentiis on the Food Network Saturday afternoon.  It looked similar to what I saw on her show and tasted great. 

After all my cooking this afternoon, I am relaxing with my new favorite pumpkin beer and a piece of  pumpkin roll.  Great way to end my weekend and prepare for the long week!

No comments: