Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Deagan's Kitchen

A local, unique, Gastropub on Detroit in Lakewood, Deagan's is a good choice for many reasons.  A night out drinking, a light lunch, a dinner with friends, a group gathering or Sunday Brunch.  I have been on the search for a place sure to please for Sunday Brunch for quite some time now.  I have been to Deagan's so many times before, and pleased each time, we decided to give their brunch a try.  The night before we were there for my friend Erin's birthday party.  The next morning, we drove back to try the breakfast we were craving.  The first and most exciting part was that the bartender remembered us!  Or at least at the time that seemed like a good thing.  I would like to say I tried the create your own bloody mary bar, but we stuck with water this morning.  The set up did look great, and another time, minus the drinking the night before we will give it a try.

I ordered a veggie omelette, it was stuffed with carrotts, asparagus, spinach, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, fava beans and lots of feta cheese.  It was very hearty for something stuffed with veggies.  It came with potatoes, that were ok, they were a tad dry, but they did come with a side of ketchup.  I also ordered a english muffin with some jam, because to me, breakfast is not complete without a type of bread and jam.  The presentation, I would give an A.



David ordered a flanksteak quesadilla.  Which based upon how little he spoke, tells me he enjoyed it very much.


I would most definitely return to Deagan's for any occasion.  They have a great local bar feel, but with upscale customer service and food menu.   

1 comment:

Hannah - from the blog ;) said...

Hmmmm, breakfast, may get Maire there for that or Stef!