Sunday, January 8, 2012

Deagan's Kitchen

So if you have been following along you probably noticed that I have posted about Deagan's before!  We enjoyed Sunday brunch there a few months ago and I had been dying to have dinner there ever since. 

Well not only did I get to finally make it out there, but I went two nights in a row!  It was that good.  I mentioned the atmosphere already, but the menu, geeze, there were so many things I wanted to try that one night was not enough.  Not only what is on the menu, but that the chefs enjoy creating unique dishes with ingredients on hand.  I will tell you more on that in a minute.  Bottom line I wanted to try so many things.   

Erin and I went first on Friday night.  Again, the atmosphere, the crowd and most importantly the staff are just always above excellence.  Both waitress from Friday and Saturday were so accomadating to my Vegetarian needs and Erin's Vegan needs.  Aside from that, they went out of their way to make us feel special and that no other table mattered at that minute.  For me, the food already would have tasted good to me just based upon service.  But it really was amazing.

Anyways, so Friday night I went simple and just ordered an entree.  I went with the lobster mac and cheese.
It was to die for, literally.  It was white cheddar cheese, with huge lumps of lobster meat and roasted shallots.  The petite salad on the side was also super tasty for a salad.  The dressing was sweet and the salad was dressed with just the right amount of it.  For the mac and cheese, it was one of the best mac and cheese's I have ever had.  In keeping with that, it was one of the heaviest I have had as well.  It was a great dish, but not one to be had before a night on the town.  Comfort food, for sure!!

Erin being a Vegan was strong enough to not eat the cheese nightmare I encountered, rather she had the chef whip her up something unique.  The waitress was so willing to hear Erin's likes and dislikes and then discuss them with the chef to help prepare the best thing he could with what was on hand.  They did a fantastic job achieving this.
The end result was a little bigger than a small plate size amount of quinoa with root vegtetables, I believe toped with sprouts and then drizzled with some pesto like cream.  She enjoyed every bite and it looked straight out of a Health food magazine, I loved it.

Night two.  Lisa and I went there this evening and this time we shared a few things so we could try some of the other things that were sticking out to me the night before.  
In the back we have the spicy shrimp tacos, with avocado, corn, white cheddar, and micro cilantro.  One of Lisa's favorite dishes and now mine.  Every bite was filled with flavor the shrimp was accompained by the avocado which just blended perfectly.  The micro cilantro left you with that bite in every mouth full.  I am craving this dish as I write about it.  On the left side, we tried the Vegan Strudal, it was a puff pastry filled with killbuck valley mushrooms and roasted shallots then garnished with petite mache, a green that I have never experienced before.  It was a good dish.  It was filled with flavor from a Vegan standpoint.  From the girl who had the mac and cheese the night before, it needed cheese!  Overall I recommend giving it a try for anyone who believes there is no flavor without meat. Lastly, we had the crab rangoons, also a recommendation of Lisa's.  These were no ordinary chinese food place, frozen crab rangoons.  These were stuffed from end to end with crab, the cheese was folded into the crab leaving  a complete marry of flavor in each bite.  Simply, the best bar food snack there is!  During our sampling of small plates we enjoyed a Red wine from Napa which we really liked and seemed to go well with all 3 dishes.  

I have recommened it once, I will do it a second and a third time, go to Deagan's, you will not be let down! 
   


No comments: